DMV Services


DMV registration/renewal

               Need to register you vehicle?

               Does not have the time?

               Afraid of the long lines at DMV?

               Well……we can HELP!!!

               No long lines, No appointments.

               Which means you can spend your free time with your loved ones instead of the long wait

               at long lines at the DMV offices.

For details or more information, please feel free to contact us either by email or by phone.

Frequently Asked Questions

The DMV will need these items to register a new vessel in your name (the state of principal use must be California to obtain California vessel registration):

* A completed Application for Registration Number Certificate of Ownership and Certificate of Number for Undocumented Vessel (BOAT 101).

* The Certificate of Sale on the BOAT 101 must be completed if the seller was a dealer or builder/manufacturer or when used as a bill of sale to establish chain of ownership.

* The Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin or the original factory invoice or the original or certified copy of the sales agreement stamped “Paid” and countersigned. The owner and legal owner, if any, must be the same as those shown on the BOAT 101.

* A Vessel Registration Fee.

Before you begin, you must:

• Have the last 5 digits of your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for a vehicle or the Hull Identification Number (HIN) for a vessel/boat.

• Have your smog certification filed with DMV, if needed.

• Have a renewal notice that shows your current address OR confirmed through the Change of Address system that your address has been updated.

IMPORTANT: If you have recently submitted or intend to submit within the next 7-10 days an online change of address, we recommend that you mail-in your renewal notice and change your address on the back of the form.

Yes. All we need is a copy of the registration card of the vehicle.

Or you can supply the following information:

* Vehicle Identification Number

* Full Name of the person listed in the registration card

* Vehicle License Plate number

* Full address as listed on the card

California does not offer a grace period after your vehicle’s registration expiration date. Be sure to pay your renewal fees on or before the date of expiration shown on your current registration card or penalties will be due in accordance with Vehicle Code Sections 9552 – 9554. The longer you delay payment of fees, the greater the penalty amount will be.

Even though your plates display only the month and year, your registration expires on a specific day. Be sure to check the registration card for the actual day of expiration.

If you do not receive a billing notice approximately 60 days before your vehicle’s registration expires, please call 1-800-777-0133 to find out what your fees are.

Use the following information to determine how renewal penalties are calculated. Penalty fees are assessed in addition to any other fees due.

How Vehicle Registration Annual Renewal Penalties are Calculated Percentage of Vehicle License Fee + Registration Late Fee + CHP Late Fee = Total Due
If payment is late: The penalty will be the sum of: Registration Late Fee CHP Late Fee
1-10 days* 10% of the vehicle license fee due for that year 10% of the weight fee due for that year, if any (For fees due between 7/1-12/31/11, this will not apply) $10.00 $10.00
11-30 days* 20% of the vehicle license fee due for that year 20% of the weight fee due for that year, if any (For fees due between 7/1-12/31/11, this will not apply) $15.00 $15.00
31 days-1 year* 60% of the vehicle license fee due for that year 60% of the weight fee due for that year, if any $30.00 $30.00
More than 1 year-2 years 80% of the vehicle license fee due for that year 80% of the weight fee due for that year, if any $50.00 $50.00
More than 2 years 160% of the vehicle license fee due for that year 160% of the weight fee due for that year, if any $100.00 $100.00
* A Planned Non-Operation may be filed up to 90 days after the registration expiration date if the vehicle was not operated in any manner, but appropriate late penalties are due as shown above.

If your vehicle’s registration requires a smog certification, be certain to pay all applicable renewal fees on or before the current expiration date, even if you have not obtained the smog certification.

Late registration fees are subject to penalties. If you paid your renewal fees prior to acquiring the smog certification, and you have not received your registration card or sticker, you should contact us or your local DMV to verify your vehicle record status.

If you received a renewal notice for a vehicle that you do not plan on operating (e.g. drive, park, store, or have towed) on public roads for the entire registration year, you may apply for Planned Non-Operation (PNO) status to avoid paying renewal fees.

Apply for Planned Non-Operation Status

To apply for PNO status, you must do so either:

•On or before the day your registration expires


•Apply up to 90 days after your registration expires and pay all accrued late fees (see above)

To apply, either mark the designated PNO box on your renewal notice.


•Complete a PNO Certification (Form REG 102)PNO Certification

•Complete an Affidavit of Non-Use(Form REG 5090), if you plan on canceling your insurance.

Mail your renewal notice or PNO Certification to the address provided on the documentation. Or mail to:

•Department of Motor Vehicles

•P.O. Box 942869

•Sacramento, CA 94269-0001

You may file for PNO status up to 60 days before your registration expires. Thereafter, you will receive a PNO notice every year, which you may ignore until you plan to operate your vehicle again.